Thursday, January 15, 2009

Funny, You Should Ask

I was looking for something funny to read and a friend of mine suggested Laurie Notaro's books. Notaro has a series chronicling her many uncomfortable and sometimes disgusting exploits. Ordinarily I'm not a huge fan of scatological humor - and it's not all in that vein - but by golly, she can write comically about incidents that are completely horrifying. If they should happen to me, that is. Most of the trouble she brings on herself, hence the series heading 'Idiot Girl'. The Christmas volume has a story concerning her father's 'trouserly dishabille' that had me in tears. My husband wanted me to read it to him since it was so darn funny but I could only get it out in little gasps because I was guffawing so hard I couldn't breathe. So if you are looking for a little humor that is adult and juvenile at the same time, you can't go wrong with an Idiot Girl.

The Idiot Girls' Action Adventure Club

An idiot girl's Christmas : true tales from the top of the naughty list

The idiot girl and the flaming tantrum of death

No comments: