Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April the First

I love April Fools' Day! Gotcha! I really hate April Fools! Has something to do with being the most gullible person on the planet. Then there's the whole Iowa polite thing. At one of my workplaces a co-worker brought in cake on April 1. This was a nice, quiet co-worker mind you, not a jump-out-and-scare-you one. It was lovely cake except that the piece I ate had a chunk of plastic in it! Like the rubber on a home canning jar. Of course I didn't say anything, even though I couldn't imagine how it got in the cake. Turns out no one said anything. And all the pieces of cake had this stuff in it. She'd done it deliberately! April Fools'! At least I got some cake out of it. Enjoy yourself people. I'm not eating anything that wasn't factory sealed.
A Series of Mysteries by Alan Gordon based on Medieval Fools

No comments: