Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Speaking of Siblings...

I have a mess of siblings. And because I'm old my parents had to stumble through on their own, without any of the oh-so-helpful books available to today's families. You on the other hand, have a pulic library stuffed with modern books, standing ready to assist. We have resources for parents coping with battling siblings. Understanding sibling rivalry sounds useful but my favorite title is "Mom, Jason's breathing on me!" Man, that was the worst . When they were doing something completely innocent to you just to drive you crazy. "I'm not touching you!" Aaahh! For us supposed grown-ups we have The birth order book : why you are the way you are, which would be really nice to know. And Sister knot : why we fight, why we're jealous, and why we'll love each other no matter what. Because siblings don't go away even when you're past 50. I don't want them to! As long as they're not not touching me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh so true, love the graphic