Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Smoooooooooooooth

I consumed my first smoothie on Monday.  Newbie that I am I had to ask what the difference was between a smoothie and a milkshake.  The owner, instead of laughing at my ignorance, kindly explained that basically the smoothie doesn't have milk products.  I started out small with just basic strawberry plus ice and, because I am oh-so-trendy, a shot of protein powder.  Vanilla protein!  Absolutely avant-garde. The smoothie was the consistency of a snow cone and the flavor was very light and clean.  Did I mention that I purchased this delight inside the Central Library?  We have a new vendor in our little restaurant, the juice bar Natural Thirst.  And everything is fresh fresh fresh.  They'll put together any flavor combinations you want, even ones that would not appeal to yours truly.  Like banana-mango which a friend of mine finds delish. These options will change with the seasons because, well, fresh fresh fresh.  You'll like it.
Natural Thirst;   Central Library, 1000 Grand Avenue 
515-309-1582
Hours: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Wednesdays,
9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays,
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays.

No comments: